The DfE has said that it fully expects to be able to fund the autumn NPQ intake but in the unlikely event that funding runs out candidates who miss out on scholarships will be able to withdraw without incurring any fees. In the event scholarships are over-subscribed the DfE reserves the right to prioritise funding using the following criteria (in order of priority):
- Participants working in Opportunity Areas
- Participants working in schools where more than 30% of pupils receive Free School Meals
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) teachers and leaders
- Participants working in a school in an Opportunity Area, where the school is below the Key Stage 2 or Key Stage 4 floor standards
- 1 hour online briefing covering the key learning and introducing the supporting activities
- 2 weeks online activity - Completing a selection of activities covering key themes and ideas of the face-to-face events
The web conferences and online discussion activities will typically fall 1 or 2 weeks after each training event has been held. As such, you will virtually be on the same schedule to complete the course.
Your time-frames for final assessment would remain unchanged at 18 months and you would still be expected to engage with, and complete, the three essential online courses alongside other candidates.
NPQH & NPQEL: You will need to be supported by a sponsor who will be closely involved in supporting your application to join the qualification, your subsequent development and in the final assessment process. This should be someone with a detailed and thorough professional knowledge of your work and professional characteristics as well as the demands of headship, the associated leadership behaviours and the requirements of the content areas. For example, your existing Headteacher (NPQH), Executive Head, School Improvement Partner, or the Chair of your accounting body.
|Title||Purpose of role|
|Facilitator||To facilitate face to face training events,
which consolidate the learning undertaken online and during in-school activity.
|Online Tutor||To support you through your online learning
experience; ensuring you are active and engaged in the programme.
|Coach (NPQH and EL)||To provide expert coaching to participants
throughout their qualification.
|Mentor||To provide support, guidance as well as
challenge you, ensuring you have capacity to complete you qualification.
|Assessor||Undertake assessment of the final written
submission and supporting evidence.
|Operations Team||All other support queries should be directed to
the Operations Team at Best Practice Network (email@example.com).
|Qualification||Guided learning hours|