Teaching School Hubs
Supporting your application for Teaching School Hub status
Your TSA, school or MAT may be considering an application to the DfE to become a Teaching School Hub. The application process requires bidders to demonstrate:
- Strong track record, expertise, and capacity in school-to-school support, CPD, recruitment and retention
- Their approach to offering CPD to schools, covering the full range of school needs
The DfE guidance states applicants should reference how they will work with key DfE-recognised providers such as research schools, curriculum hubs, NPQ providers and SCITTs, naming such national providers.
Best Practice Network and Outstanding Leaders Partnership are DfE accredited nationally as an NPQ provider. Our vision is that every child can access an excellent education, regardless of background, and that every education professional is supported to achieve their best. Provision was recently rated as ‘exceptional’ by the DfE Quality Assurance Agent.
We currently support over 150 teaching schools and trust partners to deliver qualifications across their locality. These include the school leadership NPQs as well as programmes for SEN, School Business Managers, Early Years, Initial Teacher Training, teaching assistants, and our developing suite of Apprenticeship routes and Early Career Framework modules.
How we can support your bid:
- Strategic partnership support: Contributing to collaborative CPD design, training, development and in-school capacity and capability;
- Nationally accredited qualifications: a clear professional development pathway with the transition to Masters level accreditation; blended learning choices locally delivered - nationally written
- Succession and progress tracking of performance and impact: Individual professional development diagnostics and review; national insight into school improvement projects and professional development case study research; peer and performance coaching;
- Regional networking: sharing practice; raising the bar on current thinking - challenge interpretation;
- CPD Management and administration: taking care of applications; tracking compliance; policy and administration of candidate communication and programme management
- QUALITY Improvement: Workforce training and standards; Quality Assurance; successful qualification outcomes
We would welcome the opportunity to partner with applicants, support bids and add capacity to local delivery. We can help you to demonstrate a breadth of provision, and large scale delivery capability for CPD and school improvement across the local system.
We are able to alleviate the administrative burden on school partners, and provide them impact and evidence and reporting to support strategic planning and improvement at a regional level.
If you would like to find out more, or meet to discuss collaboration on your bid, please contact our Partnerships Manager Chris Ludlow, or call 0117 920 9209.